Diapers.com

Diapers.comHome Essentials
use code: SNXX3185
Buy Baby Items at Diapers.com
New customers only. $20 maximum discount. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Some brand exclusions and restrictions apply.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Catching My Breath


I haven't really posted much lately. I've been busy working on my final research paper for my class that ended yesterday. It is worth 20% of our final grades. I am nervous to see what my grade will be on the paper, and for the class. It was a struggle for me, but I feel like I did walk away from the class with more insight on paper writing than I went into it with. As most of you know I dream of being a published writer, so I am willing to learn any skills out there that will make my dream a reality. The class I just finished was Composition II. I just started a new class today, it's called Interpersonal Communications. I actually have a few people from my last class in this class as well. It's always nice to have someone familiar in a new setting. I'm trying hard to hold onto my 4.0 GPA, but I am sure now that the classes are getting harder I wont be able to hold onto it for long.

We got some good news in the mail Monday, that will help us out financially a small bit at least for a little while. I pray that we find some type of work soon as we really need to get caught up with things. If any of you know anyone that would be interested in buying some cookbooks let me know. I have a ton of them here that are very nice and in great condition that I need to sell. They're just sitting on a shelf in our extra closet. I just feel like I need to stop and catch my breath for a while, and I hope I can do that soon. Today and tonight has been kinda mellow and that's the way I like it.

The picture I posted with this blog is such a perfect picture. I can imagine myself drifting off to the beautiful Kansas prairie and it just makes me want to smile. I've always felt a strong pull to the prairie and prairie life. I can't wait to get some time to just write, I have a story that takes place in Missouri & Kansas in the late 1800's that I'd like to get back to work on. Well, not sure what else to say so I guess I'll go. Feel free to ask me questions and leave comments :)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture & congrats on your 4.0. Just keep doing your best :D As for iComm, i took that when I was in college, and I haaaaated it. It's not hard at all, (if your class is anything like mine was. We didn't do any essays, just reports & quizzes.) I just found it really boring - I'm more of a straight, hard facts kinda girl :) I'm sure you'll do fine though! I'm really proud of you Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley. So far it looks like it'll be a lot of discussion writings, a few papers and quizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got great news and congrats! I wish we had prairies here, they're so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that you got great news & congrats on the 4.0!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete