Diapers.com

Diapers.comHome Essentials
use code: SNXX3185
Buy Baby Items at Diapers.com
New customers only. $20 maximum discount. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Some brand exclusions and restrictions apply.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The day of judgment has passed.

Thanks for the good luck wishes on my court appearance and for all of the advice you all have given me. I went to court on Monday April 13th. I hardly slept at all the night before. I was so nervous. It really wasn't a big deal. I just went there, sat and waited as called people by last names. I spoke with the lawyer for Capital One and he told me that I could deny the debt, accept it, or ask for time to seek a lawyer. I went ahead and admitted the debt was mine, because it was, and there was no point is asking for time to get a lawyer when I had already had a month to try to get one, and legal aid services had denied me. I was the second to last person on the docket. I think I waited about an hour before I was called before the judge. I told the judge it was my debt and that I was fully accepting it, that I don't have employment and that I can't get an attorney to fight it. I told him I just want it over with. So they entered the judgment against me meaning, that Capital One has the right to collect every cent that they wanted plus court fees. Which ends up being just under $1,500. Although the lawyer that was representing Capital One told me that since I am not working they can't collect. He said to call when I have some way to work with them. So I guess this means they'll leave me alone for a bit. I thought you all might want to know.

1 comment: