Diapers.com

Diapers.comHome Essentials
use code: SNXX3185
Buy Baby Items at Diapers.com
New customers only. $20 maximum discount. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Some brand exclusions and restrictions apply.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update On Me

I thought I would give an update on what's happening with me right now, since so many of you have given me advice and support. First I want to thank you all for your advice, and for all of the information such as links that you have given me. Since Spring is here it seems like places are actually starting to hire again, so Matt and I have been applying for jobs like crazy, since there are more available than there has been in a long while. I am hoping we'll get something even if it's just seasonal work. I took the advice that I was given to contact legal aid for representation against the credit card that is suing me. I applied for the legal aid services Wednesday. I called back Thursday and they said to give them 3-5 business days to review my application before contacting them again. So I didn't expect to hear back until next week. I received a letter in the mail from the legal aid services, and they have turned me down They said that since they have limited funding at this time they can not represent me. They said that my case does have legal merit and that I can contact an attorney at my cost. Well, if I could afford to hire a lawyer I could afford to pay the stinking credit card company.

So as it stands I will be attending my court date April 13th without any legal representation. I'm not sure what will happen, but I guess we'll see. I am still working towards getting the money to file a bankruptcy before the rest of the credit cards sue us as well. We stand to lose the house soon unless we can file the bankruptcy before a foreclosure sell date. So, we are just trying to make money any way we can, and hopefully something will pan out soon.

School is still going well, and I am enjoying the computer literacy class I am in. It's more technical than I thought it would be, but I am actually enjoying learning about the parts of the computer we don't usually think about. I really hope I can continue on with school. It took me a long time, and a lot of building my courage up to actually enroll, and now that I am actually doing it, I don't want to have to give it up.

I appreciate everything that you have done to support me.

2 comments: