Diapers.com

Diapers.comHome Essentials
use code: SNXX3185
Buy Baby Items at Diapers.com
New customers only. $20 maximum discount. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Some brand exclusions and restrictions apply.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

Memorial Day is more than getting extra time off of school or work, it's more than a weekend to hit the lake, get sweet deals at the store or to have a backyard BBQ. How many people stop to think about the true meaning behind Memorial Day? Memorial Day to me is remembering those who have gone on before us, those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can have the freedoms we enjoy today. Throughout my entire life Memorial Day has always been my favorite holiday. I enjoy spending my Memorial Day weekend remembering the fallen who have protected our country. I also enjoy going to visit the graves of my lost loved ones to leave them flowers, share memories of them, and sometimes leaving notes for them..even though I know those notes are likely to be read by other people. It is a time to remember the dead and to remember to appreciate the living. I am surprised at how many people are surprised that I actually go visit the graves of loved ones and that I leave flowers. Do any of you do the same?

I recently heard a song and wanted to share the music video here on my blog. The song is called "If Heaven Wasn't so Far Away" the singer is Justin Moore.


While you all enjoy your Memorial Day weekend, I hope you take some time to think about all of those who have gone on before us. I know I will be thinking about many loved ones I have lost..and I will be thanking those who have fought for the freedom of our country. God Bless you all. 

2 comments: