Diapers.com

Diapers.comHome Essentials
use code: SNXX3185
Buy Baby Items at Diapers.com
New customers only. $20 maximum discount. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Some brand exclusions and restrictions apply.

Friday, January 30, 2009

The Last Few Days

This is a picture of my a bit of my backyard. Monday it started sleeting/icing and then snowing. Tuesday it did a bit more, so here is the yard Monday night. Wednesday we were finally able to leave the house to go to Springfield. There are many things we can't purchase here in Buffalo. So we had a lot of errands to do Wednesday while in Springfield. First we met up with my parents for a few minutes to pay them back $100 that we owed them. Then we headed to the bookstore. I have been going to this bookstore since I was a kid. When I walk in I just feel at ease. I love the feeling of being surrounded by books. I think that's why I want to own a bookstore one day. So I ended up buying several books for pleasure reading, and bought one book that I can use for school. It's a Business book. The Business book alone normally sells for $25 and I got all of the books for only $28! I was thrilled. Then we headed to the Olive Garden to eat. We used gift cards we got for Christmas. The meal was soooo sooooo sooooo good. The waiter didn't offer us wine although he was offering it to all of the other customers. I cracked up when it was realized that he didn't do so because he didn't think I was of age.

We then went to the mall where we found awesome deals on clothing, which we really really needed. We hadn't had new clothes in about 2 years. I found jeans for $13 and for $8.99 at JCPenney. Also I found a shirt at old navy for $4.99! We also bought a birthday present for a friends daughter and it was on sale too! Then we went to Walmart to do our grocery shopping. It's crazy how expensive just buying food is nowadays. We also bought another heater which is awesome. The house isn't freezing now!After Walmart we stopped by my parents house for a short visit and then headed home. It was really nice to have a day out, and it was amazing to get things we needed and to get them while they were on sale :)

This week I also made contact with my nephew that was given up for adoption as a baby over 17 years ago. I know I have talked about him to many of you. It's just so freaking amazing to have contact with him. He also loves music and singing, and I am floored that we have it in common.

I also spent about 2 hours on the phone to my niece Rachel last night. It was nice to have an adult conversation with her, I'd really missed having her to talk to. I also seen new pictures of my great niece Sarina. She's a doll for sure.

I've also gotten back grades on some work that I was really stressed over, and thought I'd totally bomb. I aced the work. I couldn't freaking believe it.

This week has been really good :) I hope things just get better. For everyone.

Tomorrow is Matt's 25th birthday and the 8 year anniversary of our first date :) I can't believe we became boyfriend and girlfriend 8 years ago! We've been married 3 years and 7 months now :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you've been having such a great week! I hope that you have many great weeks ahead of you. You deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a great week! Don't you just love shopping for bargains?!

    I used to get carded at restaurants when I ordered a drink after I first moved here...I was 28 then!!! But ever since I've had Gabriel, they don't think I'm under 21 anymore...I guess having a child made me look older ;-)

    Happy Birthday tomorrow to Matt! And happy first date anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Irma :) Lol babies tend you make you at least feel older LOL. I will tell Matt Happy Birthday from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so so happy for you!! You deserve every bit of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Isa, happiness was short lived. We had a loved one pass this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad everything is going so well for you! Happy Birthday, Matt :)

    ReplyDelete